Canadian Gardening: What's up in the garden?, 3 by poinget

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright poinget

In reply to: What's up in the garden?

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What's up in the garden?
poinget wrote:
I love Weigelas! Beautiful. I noticed Betty's weigela in her garden pics, too. I hope you don't mind if I intrude with a few of mine; I feel I can contribute. The first is Sonic Bloom. I left it outside in a pot and it got munched down to two inches of even growth. It was unhappy for a while. Plus, some of the leaves burned. However, over the last two weeks, it has filled out again and has new flower buds.

The second is Wine and Roses I think. It's done blooming, but looking very healthy.

The third is Weigela coraeensis. I thought it was done blooming, but I put it in the ground and it seems satisfied with its new home. The blooms came back. (Apparently, I only take blurry pics with my telephone. Sorry!)

Also, I finished planting my fuchsia bed believing the blooms would be eaten, but they have been spared. Woo! Check out the pic - those are deer tracks. They walked right through :)

I love variety in the garden, but I'd also be pretty happy with a bunch of weigelas, peonies, fuchsia, and japanese maples filling my yard.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2013 10:08 PM