Pacific Northwest Gardening: Apple trees?, 2 by LakeLivingRos

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LakeLivingRos

In reply to: Apple trees?

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Apple trees?
LakeLivingRos wrote:
Photo 1 - I found a little bit better picture of my fruit trees (the two apples, cherry, and two figs).

Photo 2 - My goji berry, although this photo is a few weeks old.. and he has grown MUCH bigger in just a few weeks with the heavy rain we have been having! Goji berry is on the north property line (so south facing sun) and gets full sun all day long. He started out only a couple inches tall. I plan on using a trellis with him, but am waiting until he gets a little bit more developed and establish roots a little better. Raintreenursery.com has the same cost of shipping if you buy 1 plant or 40 plants basically, so the goji berry is one that my husband picked out (as I said, hey might as well get a few to plant since the shipping would be more for our money to get a few plants we would never have tried!). I have never actually eaten a goji berry before.. but apparently they are the most nutritious fruit that is edible. I plan on dehydrating these and using them while I ride my bike!

Photo 3 - another photo of my elderberries. along the fence in the background. You can see.. my vegetable beds hardly grow with the sun that we had gotten when I took this picture.. but those elderberries were growing like crazy before our heavy sun just started coming out this week!

Photo 4 - One of my apple trees in April, which looks like a completely different tree now because of the growth!

Photo 5 - is a cheap grafted apple tree I planted at work (bought it from costco). It is facing east, and sit right in front of a heater vent.. The picture was taken in early Feb, and it is not 3 ft taller, never is watered besides the natural rain, and seems to be more prolific of a grower than I ever could have thought! It is a dwarf as well, and I think it just loves the heat that comes from the heater vent?

Let me know if you would like to see more pictures or ones that are more close up!