Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Daily Butterfly Pix, #102, 2 by mellielong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mellielong

In reply to: Daily Butterfly Pix, #102

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Daily Butterfly Pix, #102
mellielong wrote:
Both Spicebushies have their stinkhorns out and are writhing around except the one is almost still. Looks like this batch is a bunch of goners. I'm going to have to get them out of the house too because Spicebush stinkhorns are the WORST! Stinky!

In better news, I went out to water my new plants since the thunderstorms are all going north of us today. I saw the Giant ST which Mom had seen earlier today. After snapping a few pics I headed toward the hose only to see - another Giant ST! That's right, there were two, each on a different color penta. One looked a little smaller than the other; maybe a mating pair I hope? I checked the rue in hopes of eggs but all I found was another Black ST caterpillar (drats, right?). He's in the third picture. I went over to the other hose which we have hidden behind a stucco wall with the air conditioner and the garbage cans. A Gulf Frit had already made its chrysalis on it but today I found another one. I would have brought them in but it's hard to get them off stucco.

Melanie