Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks Betty! Yes, there is a little porch out there. It isn't hanging from the eave, it is hanging from the board on the outside of the eave, it's solid, the eave itself is much too thin. The board isn't very thick so I was real careful where I drilled but I drilled a hole right in the middle of it, then threaded a big heavy-duty hook or eyelet in the hole. I've been reading how to get and make Baltimore Oriole food, now I believe that thief was stealing the coco fiber off my planter! Hehe.. I'm not really mad, he can have some for a nest somewhere. I read on what they use to build a nest and it's fibers, hair and all kinds of crazy stuff. Apparently, they may have taken a shine to my planter's fibers! I put a few things in this bowl for the Baltimore Oriole. - I tried to get a grapefruit for them but my friend said she doesn't want to give up any grapefruit! Here is the Spiderplant on the outside. The front door didn't make the photo but it's just a bit further on the left of the pic. See the bowl of food out there for the Oriole? I'm going to relocate it, all that stuff looks kinda cheesy being close together and right in front of the window.
Like my latest addition to the backyard, it's a trellis for a Porcelain Berry vine! The Porcelain Berry vine is in that tomato planter and that's the triangular trellis made out of 1 x 1's for it to climb on hopefully, I screwed it to the fence so it doesn't move. I put all my Walking Onions in this big, black pot. - I'm trying to consolidate and generally put all my pots and plants to use this year.
Here is another view of the garden area. Boy, that Hall's Honeysuckle is really aromatic. If there is a breeze you can smell it about 50 feet away! It's on an arbor so people can walk thru it if they want their clothes to smell like Honeysuckle!
Will