Photo by Melody

Daylilies: How Is Your Weather Where You Are for the New Year pt.2, 1 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: How Is Your Weather Where You Are for the New Year pt.2

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of How Is Your Weather Where You Are for the New Year pt.2
gen2026 wrote:
LOL Juhur, sounds like you moved to the South with that humidity! :-)

We got a nice rain on Sunday afternoon and evening, but the rest of the weekend was gorgeous. My husband and I spent all day Saturday taking down a large tree at the house where I grew up. My parents are both gone and I have renters in the house....we have been working on replacing a lot of the wood on the outside of the house and originally I had planned to repaint (or actually restain) all weekend. But the insurance company decided that if this tree didn't come down, they would not renew the policy - so our plans for the weekend got changed. I thought we put in a pretty good days work - got the main part of the tree down and all the mess cleaned up except two large pieces about 6' long..... our saw decided to go on strike and so we couldn't get those two cut down into small enough pieces to move to the burn pile....... We still have to get the main trunk down as well, but at least the insurance company should be happy! Hard to believe this tree was damaged in a tornado in April 1998 - it was blown over and left this trunk at that time....but the trunk was so large, probably 4' across that we couldn't cut it down. The tree has since grown back up - but only on half the trunk because the other half rotted. I believe it was almost as tall as when it came down the first time! Now, since the trunk is "C" shaped - hopefully, after taking the saw to the shop to get it back running, we will be able to get the rest of it down this time! :-) Then maybe I can go back to my painting!

Calling for bad storms across a lot of the middle part of the country today - everyone stay safe!

Genna