Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Daylilies: How Is Your Weather Where You Are for the New Year pt.2, 1 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: How Is Your Weather Where You Are for the New Year pt.2

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How Is Your Weather Where You Are for the New Year pt.2
gen2026 wrote:
:( So sorry...... looks like a real mess! Most of my iris' are fairly new, but I will look to see which ones have multiplied to at least send you a small start.

I did some 'checking' into my DLs this weekend and found a myriad of things..... one - had NO growth on the top, but still had about three bulblets underneath the surface. The three that were there appeared "normal" to me (although I don't know much about DLs) but no idea what happened to the rest of the plant.... it just wasnt there. One plant had TINY piece of new growth about 1/2 long, so I left it alone. Some appeared that it had completely disappeared leaving only the plastic tagging that came on it as evidence of where it had been?? So, I am not any more enlightened than I was. Another appeared totally normal - although there was NO growth on it. One of the others has recently sprouted growth and is up a couple of inches tall. It did dawn on me that this area probably gets a LOT less sun than the other areas. It is in front of my porch, which means it gets shaded earliest in the day. But they are still getting probably at least 6 hrs of sun - and that doesn't account for why the ones on the other side of the front porch seem to be doing fine. ....... so, I still don't really know. It looks like there are 6 in question and that 2 of those MIGHT survive.

It was 86 and very muggy here yesterday afternoon, but I finally got to spend about 3 hrs working out in a bed that is overgrown yet again! :( I am tired and sore this morning, but hopefully I will be able to make some more progress on it tonight! ....

This is a picture of Rustic Royalty that got broken off as I was cleaning the bed last night.... I think one of my 4 legged "helpers" got a little too carried away...... But I had tried to take a picture of it the night before and it didn't photograph the true color in the sunshine, so this is a much better representation of its true coloration.