Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

California Gardening: Spring Round Up, 2013, 1 by Domehomedee

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Domehomedee

In reply to: Spring Round Up, 2013

Forum: California Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring Round Up, 2013
Domehomedee wrote:
It was the worst plant sale ever, and I spent days transplanting and cleaning all the plants up. Turns out that there was a greenhouse tour 30 miles south of here and I think all the gardeners went to that! I went to a meeting of the San Luis Obispo Cactus and Succulent Society today. It was interesting and I'm sure I'll go to the next meeting, good place to make some connections with other succulent lovers. Also a good place to share plants and get some new ones.
I will bring butterfly plants. I have some good ones in seedling form and I'm running out of room in the new butterfly garden. I have lots of single white hollyhocks and some "mixed" color ones too. They probably won't bloom this year as they just germinated last week. Most of my butterfly weed was eaten by bugs while still in seedling form, and then there were the two the gopher got, arrggghhh, but I may have a couple extra of them too.
I'll try to post a pic of my crinum, it is in bloom.