Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: April rains end the drought???, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: April rains end the drought???

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of April rains end the drought???
shortleaf wrote:
Awww.. thanks green, your very nice to say, but really, I am an odd duck! You lucky people, (or unlucky people) are the chosen recipients to absorb my spewn rhetoric! And you as well, you know, I love it when others are odd too, then I don't feel so, well, odd! I like being odd, if one has to be anything, why not be odd?!
Thanks! Inject, interject, digress, or sidetrack, I do all those, so look out! lol Thanks, I look forward to the seeds, green.
Yes, our oxbows are similar but yours is bigger in acreage, but we've got you beat in depth, we come in at 5 feet deep, yours is only 3 feet deep, so there!
Let's say a short prayer for your seeds, I want your seeds to thrive! I hope it rains like this in July, several times!
This rain is torrential, it is now letting up but it came down in torrents for about 3 hours, other times not torrential, but still heavy, even now. I'll go out and inspect all that topsoil tomorrow that we used to fill in in the front yard, hopefully it's mostly still there. My friend kinda aerated with a solid metal rake, (before we did the topsoil) so hopefully that'll help a little, and then we walked on it after it was down, (I am no lightweight..lol).
April 7th, what a day! I remember this day in 2007, it brought an abrupt end to the blooming of all my pretty tulips! - That was a year I lost out to a late freeze! Although, now I kinda learned my lesson on that, don't put marginal anything out until mid-April at least, some say May 1st! I go with mid April usually myself. Possibly, if I had covered the tulips up with a bucket or plastic or something I mighta been able to save the blooms, it got down to I think 29°.
Ok, now where is happ?!