Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: April rains end the drought???, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: April rains end the drought???

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of April rains end the drought???
shortleaf wrote:
Everybody seems to be pretty busy with the nice weather. Haha, that's funny green, your Crocus bulbs were in the fridge! I did something like that once only it was a big bowl of all different kind of seeds. After about 3 years I threw them out in the yard, I had the best Hollyhocks that year! The rest of the flowers kinda came up here and there. I think the Hollyhocks were so happy to be out of the fridge they grew like a house-a-fire!
Boy, this pic looks drastically from a pic last month! - It's hard to believe this was a mere 13 days ago here, less than 2 weeks! I was out spreading out a trailer load of topsoil to help build up a little out in the front yard. Here is a pic of MY trusty Harborfreight wheelbarrow with a bright yellow tire, (actually that was the only color available in solid tires or maybe that was why it was so cheap, I suppose I need to be easy to see also!)! lol
That's funny, a fat, ugly worm! It sounds like a grubworm description too! Here is my little Japanese Maple 'Ornatum' from EBay, it is plugging right along. I am a little impressed that it's already leafed out, what to expect from a tree from Oregon I guess! I need to get it outside so it doesn't get too used to my shoplites, in leaf.
Hi ju, getting any Midwest warmth over there in IN.?