Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 3 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, so there goes Easter for another year.

We didn’t have a lot of rain here, just a few scattered showers every day, lasting just long enough to have us down tools and head for cover. We did manage to get quite a bit done though. Today we cleaned up a couple of gardens that had become quite overgrown since we had all the rain. Now we will have to make a couple of trips to the dump with the green waste.

Nev, sorry to hear your back is giving you trouble again … and then the rain. I hope it all came good for you later in the day.

I don’t have a pic of a mature neo Black Lace but I will take another one in a few months so you can see its’ progress. I will do the same with neo Dark Veil.

As you say Nev, the registered neo Pink Star is quite different to both of our plants. I think mine will mature to look like yours … I’ll be happy with that, perhaps ours are neo Pink Star Novar. As to neo Mulford Foster, isn’t it odd that the parent plant isn’t registered yet a number of hybrid seedlings are?

Thanks for the pics of your neos Apricot Nectar, Pink Star and Mulford Foster hybrid ... I hope mine turn out to be as lovely. I love your neos Grey Nurse and Golden Fantasy.

Sue, thanks for the new thread for April, gosh last month went quickly. I just love that aechmea Dark Goddess, one day when you have heaps of pups, I would love one, please, please, please.

You are so lucky Sue, to have a Big W that stocks nice broms (and Ian is too) … just not fair. I love your aechmeas Flamingo and Comata var Makoyana. I saw one of the same Ae Comata on eBay recently and was very tempted to bid but resisted, now I wish I had, what a lovely plant.

Bree, I will hold off sending your parcel until next Monday, hope you don’t mind.

Ian, I need to repot so many huge plants at the moment, I reckon I’ll need at least 10 bags of potting mix … hope I can find some on special.

My pics – 1 is neo Bruiser, 2 is a cute little pup on neo Fiesta, 3 is Hohenbergia Correia Araujoi inflorescence.

Bye for now, Shirley