Wildlife: Bobcat sighting, 2 by TexasPuddyPrint

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TexasPuddyPrint

In reply to: Bobcat sighting

Forum: Wildlife

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bobcat sighting
TexasPuddyPrint wrote:
Yep...the first one is an Indigo Snake. (Shiny line in the empty pond). That same snake shows up every now and then on the pond cam. And it has come out in the day time - it's a pretty good sized one!!! Once it was stretched out across the dirt road leading to the pond...it wouldn't move so I threw a bottle of water at it trying to shoo it of the road. Dang thing reared up and flattened it's neck like a cobra and hissed at me! ...and not a short little hiss but a long drawn out one as it swayed it's head back and forth. Scared the crap out of me!!! It's head was about three feet off the ground and right in front of my golf cart (of which I had long ago removed the windshield!!!) Mario Andretti would have sure been proud at how fast I backed out of there!!! LOL!!!

That is an old photo back when the game cams were 3 mp. We've since upgraded to some that are 8 mp. Much better photos now...just so we can oooh and ahhh over the deer :o)

A couple of other old photos from what you don't want to see showing up on your game cameras!!! The second photo shows 8 bodies...no telling how many were in front or behind when the camera too that photo. The third photo from another game cam...this one is carrying a machete at his waist! EEEK!

A couple of months we got a call from neighboring rancher about busted fences. They came over and picked up the plowed trail. It appears that a smuggler plowed through several ranch fences, ended up losing control and hit a tree. Not a soul in sight...they all booked it and left the wrecked truck. Lots of footprints!!! Sheriff was called the they towed it out.

I putter all around the back fields on my golf cart on weekend looking for butterflies and such to photograph...and armed just to be safe. Haven't seen anyone in the light of day but I sometimes see footprints and of course, see discarded water bottles and food wrappers.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2013 10:00 PM