Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: Florida Chit-Chat #9 March is going out like a Lion!, 2 by sugarweed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sugarweed

Subject: Florida Chit-Chat #9 March is going out like a Lion!

Forum: Florida Gardening

Back to post
Photo of Florida Chit-Chat #9  March is going out like a Lion!
sugarweed wrote:
We came from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1300595/ . This is where we talk about any and every thing.
Here in Okeechobee I have been drenched, nearly blown away, 30+ mph and tonight it's getting down to 36º.
Didn't Spring "spring" last week? ;)
I got an e-mail I want to share;
Quoting:Dear members and friends of Duval Audubon Society,

Earth Month is just a week away, and we need you now more than ever to gather signatures for the Florida Water and Land Conservation Amendment! Floridians will be celebrating Earth Day throughout April, and these festivals and events provide great signature gathering opportunities. We need you to sign up for a signature gathering shift more than ever! Will you sign up to volunteer today?

Campaign volunteers are actively gathering signatures throughout the state because we have less than one year to gather the remaining volunteer signatures needed to put the Water and Land Conservation Amendment on the 2014 ballot. The most important thing you can do to protect our rivers, springs, beaches and most special places is to volunteer. Sign up today and let’s ensure that state lawmakers make conservation a priority!

Please visit Florida’s Water and Land Legacy website to learn more about the campaign and sign up to volunteer today. Campaign staff will provide all the materials and training you need and connect you with other volunteers in your area!

We know how much our members care about protecting clean water, restoring vital natural areas, and safeguarding our springs and other magnificent treasures for future generations. That’s why we know we can count on you to sign up for at least one signature gathering shift between now and April 30!

For Florida’s future,

Sincerely,

Pete Johnson,

Here's the link : http://floridawaterlandlegacy.org/pages/113/volunteer-today/

I wish I had known of this earlier. I could have gotten many signatures. I will have some petitions for the RU.
For one thing they want to drain some of our natural Aquifers. We need to stop that. I hope we can also have a discussion about preserving what's left at Bonnie's RU. Once a tree hugging Hippie, always one!

Went fishing last Tuesday night and caught 22 Speckled Perch. Will bbe fitting my boat for fishing!
Now for those of you ailing, please get on the mend.
My next post will have RU information.
Sidney