Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2013  Marching into Spring while flying a kite!
shortleaf wrote:
Oh, 6 and a half or 7 hours isn't terrible. One thing about being jobless, you get plenty of sleep. Of course, unless your in the woods! I remember this one older guy security guard at the unemployment office. He thought he was quite the jokester, he'd always joke that, "the noon rush is almost here, that's when the bums get out of bed!"! That mighta been a little harsh, but it WAS funny! I always expected him not to be there long saying stuff like that, but he was always there! Haha.. I don't sleep until noon! Maybe 11:00a, but don't tell my friend here! That was just a joke, she has seen a lot of what I type on here because I'll sometimes forget and leave it on the screen. "Users" is set up though on this pc. I usually switch to the "select user" screen, I never talk bad about her anyway, she usually thinks I'm funny, when she's not scolding me! She is definitely the boss! I get plenty of sleep though. Ok, get plenty of sleep, morning glory!
Neat saying there, Seuss!

Yes, please God, no more terribly hot, dry Summers! Yeah, I don't know how people in MN. and WI. for ex. can stand all the snow for so long.

None of my seeds are coming up, not even the ones I purchased at the store. - Here is some Zinnia seeds still unsprouted. Here is the Black-Eyed Susans and some Cat-grass seeds from ju. - How do you like my automatic waterer? It's a kitty litter bucket with a few inches of water in the bottom. - So far, the plants that I've put in it seem to love it! I want a bigger container though, so I can set more and bigger plants in water to have it wick up through the drain-holes, I hope it works that way anyway! Here is a Dieffenbachia with one leaf! - I did that on purpose, I cut all the others leaves off so it doesn't use so much energy. I have one other Dieffenbachia in water, it also only has one leaf..lol
Here's the other Dieffenbachia, it's been in water a while, it's ready to be potted up. -
It'll be time for dinner here soon too, some roast beef stew, yummy! It has potatoes, carrots and onions in it, but I like the roast beef strips on the side, I souse them in barbecue sauce like chicken fingers or american fries, (not supposed to say that country anymore!)! After that, a drumstick (ice-cream) for dessert.
Here's my saying, "Don't eat yellow snow!" - shortleaf

This message was edited Mar 21, 2013 5:48 PM