Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2013  Marching into Spring while flying a kite!
shortleaf wrote:
Send them there eh? Yeah, I think that side of St. Louis is pretty diverse, that's what I hear. Little cuttings huh?! Well, toots, I'll have you know they were nearly as big as the envelope!
Haha! I'm just being a wiseguy but I took off all the leaves except a few leaves on the top, to make the envelope lighter and kinda distinguish the top more. Who knows what they go thru at the post pffice! I've seen their sorter machines there, they are these machines that kinda squeeze each envelope so they can be grabbed good in this machine, that can't be good for cuttings. I bet that's where they get that part of being stuck on the envelope. I think they get smashed pretty good by that I bet. It would probably be better to put a piece of paperboard, (like a cereal box) on each side of the envelope when doing that way. I can do that again, really, it's no problem. Altho, they say, Wondering Jews are about the easiest to grow by cuttings, even after a few days they have roots. My cuttings of them here don't even droop after one day! I'll send you some more when it's warmer, it's no sweat. Oh, don't worry about those seeds, they might sprout yet.
I'd like to get more into growing veggies like Pepper's, squash and Lima Beans. I have a 4' x 4' raised bed to put together that somebody traded me for a new, cheap (but good air compressor) that I had extra. The raised bed is still new in the box. Maybe I'll grow some veggies in it!
The weather here has really been changing, even now they say we'll get snow every day for the next 6 days, who really knows. All I know is that it can't last too long! Yes, we get along pretty good and your a family member too! : ) DA? What's that stand for?

Your cat sure is pretty, ju!

Sorry my posts take so long but I'm not really a fast typist and I like them to be just so!

I've been doing a little raking! I rake down to the dirt, I don't mess around! - Here are the Crocuses, poor Crocuses, I will get them uncovered soon! - My Double-Knockout Rose Tree for $19.95 from Home Depot is budding out, that's good to see. -