Florida Gardening: My first raised bed garden for vegtables, 4 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

In reply to: My first raised bed garden for vegtables

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My first raised bed garden for vegtables
jamibad wrote:
OK, I see a crisis, I think !! I put in my cucumbers, and squash, they had been in there seed containers longer than they should have been, it was always to cold to get them into the garden, I did start them rather early, I'd say some time around January, as we were having such awesome weather. They just went to the garden a week ago, but today while looking at my plantings I see something I don't like, it doesn't look good, I think I'm getting a mildewy problem already, and if this is the case, what do I do, I can pull them, as I have some new plantings started in the green house. Look at my picture's and tell me what you think, or is this normal. Sure doesn't look normal!!!!
the first 4 picture's are of the cucumbers, they have a silvery substance starting to grow on them, am I panicking for nothing, they also look a little dried up, they've been in the ground for around 6 days now, and the last picture is of one of my squash plants, all of a sudden it has little hole's in the leaves! I looked and saw no little varmits, or other thingings that can be eating the holes into the squash, what is going on, it's too soon to be having problems! I'm crying right now, anxious to set this madness right! Help!!!!