Florida Gardening: My first raised bed garden for vegtables, 3 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

In reply to: My first raised bed garden for vegtables

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My first raised bed garden for vegtables
jamibad wrote:
now here is the new garden, BTW, my hubby built me a shed and a green house, after he did the raised beds! The shed was started with his cap off his truck, he sat it on some support beams and built it in using old boardwalk wood, that a friend was replacing with new, and the green house was a big dog kennel that was on the property when we bought it, he framed it in, and added painters plastic to enclose it. The raised beds are from recycled wood also. We have a huge compost pile going in the back of the property, it looked to us like that was what it was used for before we got the property. To the left of all that you see in the picture's we have what you would call a dog run, fenced in, probably about 6'x 30', which is where I'm going to plant my corn, and add the watermelon, and maybe cantaloupe, and if I have some room, more cucumbers, and egg plant. This is the biggest garden I've ever took on, and I'm hoping for great results. My beds have already progressed since these picture's were taken, I'll post more recent picture's as soon as I can. I also do mosaic art, as in bowling balls, and stepping stone's so when I feel good, I'm outside which is the norm when it's warm out, and when it's cold and ugly, I'm inside working on my mosaics. I'll post some of my work in the next post, but I'll be posting the rest of my work in the mosaic section!
Thanks for looking, how are you doing this month with your gardens? Looking for more people with raised beds, and how your doing, all info is important! I learn from you:) Happy gardening, as it's March, and hopefully no more freezes here in sunny Florida, as I'm tired of putting my babies to bed under blankets!!