Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2013  Marching into Spring while flying a kite!
shortleaf wrote:
Yes, it was kinda fun it's own way! I spent about2 or 3 hours total trying to keep this one squirrel off of the feeder on the porch, he/she is gobbling it all up! I'd have to rattle the door handle and he/she'd run off, usually to come back in about a minute! I'd do that again and he/she'd run off again and come right back, we sometimes did this for 15 minutes at a time. A lot of the time, no sooner than I sat down and he/she'd get back on that feeder! I'd get up and we'd do it some more! I'd like to keep at least those feeders on the porch for birds only when I can help it.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between a Tufted Titmouse and just a Titmouse? I discovered that that bird comes to the feeders a lot and I didn't know what it was until I looked up bird pictures on the web. - http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Titmouse&Form=R5FD11 I tried to get some photos of one but they would get a seed then fly off, my camera takes a second to ready itself, but here's some blurry photos. - In the third photo you can kinda see the bird on the bottom bird-feeder. - There's that pesky squirrel emptying the top feeder out!
Here's a Mezoo, aren't the big variegated succulent leaves just cool?! - That's it in the middle of the photo between the Boston Fern and the striped Wondering Jew.