Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of February 2013 - Spring is next month!!
shortleaf wrote:
It is snowing but not accumulating yet, it's still around 36°. They said the streets are just wet, they are 38 to 40° right now! But, overnite here in Kansas City is where it sounds like it will get nasty. I hope everything I already started does pop up fine! A problem I've had when repotting or planting in the ground in the Spring is the soil and the little seedlings just falling apart in my hands when I'm trying to make the move.

Billyp, do you have the Arbs all wrapped up or something so they don't get all bent down like I've seen Emerald Arbs do? I'll post a neighbors Emeralds in a BIG snow/icestorm, some may remember it around here in 2002, it was awful with the ice! -
I think the touching looks okay to me, Emerald Arbs don't get that wide, yours will create more of a wall, maybe a little trim would be enuff but I wouldn't trim much myself.

Here is what 2 feet of snow looks like!! -

Haha, no, that's not a Cruze!

When I go to Walmart I try to make sure I noted where I parked, I always try to park in front of the "W" in walmart, I don't want to wander around the parking lot looking for my car ANYMORE!
Even in that photo up there, notice how I'm down from the "W"?! lol
Will