Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2013 - Spring is next month!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of February 2013 - Spring is next month!!
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks Sally, I would love to work at Home Depot. Are these birds in the first photo, Chickadees or Finches of some kind? - Maybe Black-Capped ones? They are bold, they started feeding after I just took a few steps back after filling up the feeders again, I was waiting for them to land on my head like the gosh dang birdman! Here are the 2 wood feeders hanging from that hook, that some hanging plant hangs from when it's warm. - My dang camera had a drop of something on the lens apparently, I've cleaned it off! How about the evergreen Golden Euonymus bringing up the greenery in the bucket front and center?! Those 3 kitty litter buckets on the porch look like crap but they're all full of Winter-time stuff, one has icemelt in it and the other 2 are full of a big bag of birdseed, that stuff is usually perfect for 1 Winter.

Thanks! Aww.. you liked my video on Youtube, Sally. I've got to learn how to get my camera to stay still. The good videos are on tripods or something, still, and you can have your hands free as well. I'm gonna read my manual on how to set to do video-clips without having to keep the button pushed.
I watched this 2 min. video there of a Baltimore Oriole that hit this lady's window, it was dazed but it flew off after a while, nice video, kinda mushy but cool anyway! -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl0rJ5h4Wzs It is an absolutely beautiful bird, wish they'd come around here! She was holding it and everything, it got real close.

Missouri and Kansas should have states of emergency, you know people aren't prepared! This isn't Texas or anything but after last winter's low of 29° they probably got cozy with their shorts and what not! lol

Ewww, ice, juhur? I'm not sure, but I don't think we've had a problem with ice, I think it mighta came from somewhere else! lol. I've been out in the yard but I haven't left the house in 2 days, ice could be a problem somewhere else around here though very likely. But, like the mayor of Kansas City, Sly James said, "This is not the time to see how your car does in the snow, stay home".
It did snow twice, the second time was only an inch or two and that can't be good to have packed snow after the roads had already been cleared, or even today when people might think the roads and parking lots and everything are clean, when actually they might be snow covered from after the big one.

Bradford Pear trees in the midwest can't be feeling too good about now! Good thing your neighbor's BP already got removed, greenbrain, this snow would probably be working it too!

Here's a Starling that horned in on the tree feeder. -

Here's those Chickadees or whatever they are, they are brave, I wasn't very far away. -

That's funny about the TX. people, billyp, I lived in TX. for about 2 years as a teen and snow isn't common and this was Dallas or North TX.
Will

This message was edited Feb 22, 2013 2:11 PM