Bulbs: Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays., 5 by Cem9165

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cem9165

In reply to: Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays.

Forum: Bulbs

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays.
Cem9165 wrote:
Here's Fleming Island Rachel hanging out in a bucket, waiting to be potted, with some on the Amaryllis on the ground, brug cuttings waiting to be potted, brug plants, plumerias that are growing from cuttings, and then the trees, that I also grew from cuttings. At the base off the trees, I have pots of Curcuma (turmeric) that are dying down. I bought my first 2 plants of the turmeric 2 years ago, and just love the blooms. I bought 2 more this spring. They're interesting plants that die down in the winter, and when it warms up, they start coming out of the very dry soil. I don't water them all winter.

Today, was again spent in the garden planting the last of the pansies and Bloomsday tulips. I also had some mixed Parrot tulips that I pulled up when the leaves started dying down, put them in the basement, and saved to replant this fall. I was disappointed to find that a lot of the bulbs had become dessicated. I know some folk have had succes with pulling and storing tulips, so I thought I would do it this year. I'm saddened that they dried out, they had gorgeous blooms this past spring. I won't do that anymore, and just reorder them next year. I did get some Flaming Parrot tulips this year, so I'll just have to spread those around.

Finally, I went to Lowes for Bulb Food today, and couldn't resist picking up more of the pastel mixed Hyacinths. I found a few more containers that I just had to fill, LOL.