Photo by Melody

Hibiscus: Can someone ID these Hibiscus for me?, 3 by SavvyDaze

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SavvyDaze

In reply to: Can someone ID these Hibiscus for me?

Forum: Hibiscus

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Can someone ID these Hibiscus for me?
SavvyDaze wrote:
I looked up pictured of the Kinchin Yellow Hibiscus and the flower seems to be a more pale yellow than mine. Mine is more of a golden/darker yellow. I don't know if it helps, but mine seems to stay more compact than my pink and orange ones, which are more of tall and bushy.
I also bought the yellow and pink ones at the same time from the same nursery & they were somewhat similar in size, except the pink one was a little taller My yellow one likes to grow outward rather than upward, and the pink one love to grow upward and outward. Here is a picture of them about a week after I bought them. Also, the one with yellow flowers has about 2 to 2/12 inch long heart shaped leaves while the pink and orange one have 3 1/2 to 4 inch heart shaped leaves.

The 1st pic was taken about 1 week after I bought these Hibiscus. The 2nd pic was taken today after I brought them inside due to the cold weather we are expected to have overnight. See have much taller the pink one grew? It is taller than the mantle while the yellow one is more compact and reaches only 1/2 way up to the mantle. The 3rd picture is the Orange Hibiscus in August. It has since grow upward at least another foot or so.