Rocky Mountain Gardening: Rocky Mountain Winter Gardening, 3 by Solace

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Solace

In reply to: Rocky Mountain Winter Gardening

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Rocky Mountain Winter Gardening
Solace wrote:
hmmm..I take that back, the low has been around 15 degrees, so far, and everything is still alive. The biggest avocado is not looking real happy in there, though, but it might be getting too much sun - will have to make a decision on that soon.
2. Moon & Stars watermelon, green beans, Thyme, Sage, Arugula, and tomatoes on the east end.
3. Cosmos getting friendly with the okra in the raised bed.
4. Tomatoes I'm looking forward to seeing in shades of red
5. Behind the tomatoes and basil is the new compost bin, just started. I'm now getting 13 eggs per day from the fifteen hens, so though the eggs are great, the manure really helps the compost pile, along with shredded leaves, coffee grounds, etc. . I don't expect it to do much 'cooking' though until I get it two or three feet high and wide. I will probably plant the garlic on top of the straw bales that I had planted this summer, adding about 6" of compost/soil in a sort of raised bed on top of them, then more straw to mulch over winter. (So much to do...sigh)

That would be delightful, too, Steve, to see each others' gardens. You and your wife are most welcome. Perhaps we can arrange a time to do that. I hope we have the end wall and door in before you visit, otherwise you'll have to duck to get in, like we do, lol.