Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks happ, my Asparagas Fern started out small, it was like $1.98 or something. I took a photo of it a while ago, it spans the entire cart height! - Yeah, water has really grown it fast. I wonder if I should let it get so long. I always liked it mainly because it's on King Of The Hill in the kitchen window! Oh, I water kinda frequently..lol
I too love it's light green color. Airplane Plant eh? Interesting.

I wonder how long this Coleus will stay so red?! - Here's my other fairly good-sized SpiderPlant, I want to get it in a hanging basket eventually too. -
I hope this Mezoo makes it thru the Winter, it will make a beautiful trailing plant in a mixture of plants or even by itself (or with others) in a hanging planter. I'm into hanging planters, I hung 2 Boston Ferns outside by the front porch. They are so big, I wish I had room to try to overwinter them but I don't. Next year, I may hang my SpiderPlant or SpiderPlants out there, maybe some Mezoo or maybe even a striped Wondering Jew. I bought this other hanging basket at Walmart a couple of days ago, I think it was such a great deal at $7 but when I got home and compared it to my other one (that houses the big SpiderPlant), I was sorely disappointed! The new one isn't quite as big, the hook is smaller and not as thick and the chains aren't as long. -
That's the new one on the right and the old one on the left. That in the green hanger is a hangers-on Begonia that is still in it but barely.

Thanks juhur, I hope that is big enuff! Haha, I don't really have room for that, see all the clutter?! lol

A hard freeze tonite eh? I'm sure I'll find out I wasn't ready, I never am! lol I have everything in I think. I looked up the Mezoo, I was pleasantly suprised to see it's hardiness of 20°. The only one I could find was called Dorotheanthus bellidiformis 'Mezoo Trailing Red'
Ice Plant, common name Livingstone Daisy - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/188738/ . They call it a "spiller", I also didn't know it was a succulent, maybe some also would be good for my succulent plantings. Glad you gave me some, all I see online is mostly it for sale at nurseries.

This message was edited Oct 6, 2012 8:37 PM