Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?
shortleaf wrote:
Touche', juhur, touche'.. I see I've been challenged! Actually, your right! I don't know about the age thing but I DID weigh it on a scale, okay it seemed heavy but NOT because I'm an old fart!
And, I trust your older than me to make a quip like that! I wouldn't dare remark about a lady's age! Haha! I am in my mid 40's so unless your older, shame on you! Just teasing, that is funny! Age jokes don't bother me! But, well played! Now, to the actual weight of the BIG and MONSTROUS SpiderPlant, it weighs..ahem.. 17 lbs... Okay, it seemed heavier when your trying to hoist it up like a crane, (without damaging the foliage hanging over the sides). Well, I think I weaseled out of that, so I fear no rebuttal!

Haha, after the Ivy and the SpiderPlants get big I'll keep my distance and I'll dig them up if I hear them licking their chops!

The Aspca website says SpiderPlants are non-toxic to cats, alot are though, I am sure I have some of the toxic ones but they don't seem to bother the ones here. - http://www.aspca.org/Pet-care/poison-control/Plants?plant_to...

I have pretty much put some big finishing touches on my Winter cart. - It's funny, this one fluorescent plant bulb that is 8.5 years old is roughly 1/3 as bright as the Ecolux bulb next to it which I bought 2 days ago. You can't really tell it in the photo because of the glare but you can tell a little bit. -