Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

Subject: Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Oct. 2012, here is Fall, another mild Winter?
shortleaf wrote:
We came from here. - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1278561/
This is zone 10 now! Who needs the ocean when it's 60 degrees in January here! I'm just kidding, likely last Winter won't be happening too often but I don't know what will happen this year!
I took this photo of a pot of Mezoo that Pepper sent me, (it's one of four pots). They are cuttings, they seem to be taking so far. If you look at the very end leaves, they are full and standing up like a rooted plant. The other, bigger, leaves don't look so good, that's fine with me, if a big plant comes out of it eventually, I'll be singing praises of Pepper and Mezoos! Of course, I sing her praises anyway, she is a terrific person!

Oh, the joys of raking! There are 2 mature Pin Oak trees in this smallish front yard and LOTS of leaves in the Fall. When I'm all done raking there is 35 to 40 lawn refuse sacks full of leaves! To give you an idea of the size of one of them I'll post a photo of one when the branch fell the other day. I've already cut the fallen branch up with my trusty 14" McCulloch electric chainsaw, (that's the firewood from it in the photo, I put a "free" sign on it).

Here is the silver cart that I'm transforming into something to house my houseplants and other tender potted plants, which number about 30 altogether. I have 3 shoplites to hopefully supply the plants with an adequate amount of light this Winter. I can see why these carts are so popular, they are versatile! Altho, they are a pain in the thing to work on! I'll get it done pretty soon though. I can't stand the thought of waiting too long to do something for my plants and killing some of them with the cold! I'm not really one to go with forecasts that are kinda too far in the future to be certain but the cold has to be coming sometime. -
http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast 32° is cold enuff for me and my plants! Ack! This thread will knock the Oct. 2011 thread off the front page I think, time marches on I suppose!
Will

This message was edited Oct 1, 2012 9:22 PM