Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o
shortleaf wrote:
Well, I couldn't resist the temptation! I went to HomeDepot and got that old Rose Tree! I just hope it's redder than it now looks in the photo! Maybe my camera is playing tricks on me but it sure looked redder at the store!
Boy, they really have some decent deals on bigger, money plants for the landscaping. A do-it-yourselfer could go hog wild big landscaping for about $200. I'm talking about big Tanyosho Pines, big Weeping White Pines and I believe one other was a big Colorado Blue Spruce 'globosa' but not globosa, it had some other name but it wasn't globosa, I have a globosa but it was a $25 plant there late last Fall, anyway those that I named were $49.98 ea. There was more big ones but I don't remember their names.

Boy howdy! This is pretty hot, from mid-July here in KC., I got this screenshot from back then. It won't be these temperatures again for a while! I remember that one that says 110° actually turned out to be around 102°,
although, I think it did get up to 106° or 107° one day that week. And several other days was 104 or 105, somewhere in there. -