Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o
shortleaf wrote:
Yeah, natural rocks are by far the best. I'll get you some, pepper! Want me to get you some? I am a rock collector you know!

I am sure glad this Pilea 'Aluminum' decided to get leaves again. It has got some pretty leaves, it's an awesome houseplant. -

I went to HomeDepot tonite, they have the Rose Trees half off! They are $19.99, they are about 4 feet tall. I will probably go back and get a red one. The Independence store only had red and pink and from my previous Rose shopping experiences all the Rose colors besides pink sell out fast, well, besides the always stocked (or overstocked) Knockout Roses..lol I couldn't resist telling a HomeDepot worker that something was labeled wrong, they had Black Hills Spruce labeled as just "Juniper". I wouldn't have said anything but they were nearly a hundred dollars! I know I don't like to get screwed so I thought I might save someone else a future mystery and likely nightmare. I probably wouldn't have said anything then but a worker walked right by me so I piped up. Unfortunately, some HomeDepot worker uses the word "Juniper" in a general kind of way for all evergreens.

They have changed the forecast for tomorrow, of course! There is still a chance for rain tomorrow but now instead of a 90% chance of rain it's only 60%! And it is gonna be cool. I mean 68 degrees for a high cool!