Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Sept. - 2012, it's time for Fall, and changing colors o
shortleaf wrote:
And more rocks! I got these yesterday, I filled up my little trailer. I disconnected my trailer from my car, I don't want to drive around with a trailer full of rocks and a "no Soliciting" sign on the back!

Nice rock garden there, juhur! Glad I'm not the only one who likes rocks! Rocks are so cool! I hope the next homeowner here feels the same way! lol

On that rock trip, I had to stop and get photos of this field on I-35 (near Edgerton, KS.) that was a sea of Black-Eyed Susans. It is ironic, that same site was a junkyard a year ago, I think a dumpster is in a photo from where they were filling it up with trash. It's also ironic and a little morbid I guess that there's also a billboard there that says $895 cremation! It's kinda like beauty comes from death or pushing up daisies, in that vein, maybe it's just me, but anyway a very awe inspiring scene. Maybe Kansas should be called the Black-Eyed Susan state, not the Sunflower state, maybe they mixed the 2 up way back when, maybe they were talking about Black-Eyed Susans, they are everywhere in KS. I made a short video-clip of it on my camera if anyone wishes to see it. You have to turn the volume up because of the cars whizzing by, that is, if you want to hear my commentary and narration, if not, keep the volume down if you don't like the race-car sound. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rL4TtDwKmQ&feature=youtu.be I couldn't make the video too long, lest I got ran over by zooming cars, I was literally close to them.
Will