Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already, 1 by happgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happgarden

In reply to: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of July 2012-Plants shriveling up already
happgarden wrote:
Wow didn't realize I had been missing for so long. Typical reasons work too long but good thing I actually went on 5 days of vacation. I haven't done that in years. So 2 weeks before spent trying to get the taj macoop ready for the chickens and ducks, buying kid pools to put the potted plants in so no one has to water, and just the normal stuff. Then back to work with a ton of stuff to get done.

I tried to catch up and looked at all the pictures, and even with this heat you all got beautiful stuff going on. I know today you all are getting rain. I just hope I am getting some at home.....we are desperate and have missed all the rains you all have gotten.

I will post a few pics of stuff going on at my house. Since we can't water and nothing is growing we have spent alot of time building which I guess is good as long as I don't lose anything from the drought.

first pic is on the east side of taj macoop, I know it looks like a fortress but when you see the south and north side you will see they have alot of ventilation. Before winter we will have drop down sides to cover the ventiation system for the winter. If it gets warm we can raise it and if it is cold we can lower it. The fence will go all around so the few times they are stuck in there they will have plenty of room. Usually they are out running around catching bugs. The last pic is of my solar chandelier..rofl, it is so much fun. I cut off solar light and stuck them in the sockets where the lights use to go.