Carolina Gardening: What's Your Favorite Herb?, 1 by Entlie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Entlie

In reply to: What's Your Favorite Herb?

Forum: Carolina Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What's Your Favorite Herb?
Entlie wrote:
Thanks, Lavina and Barbie. She came over and went through everything - I think she's not quite ready yet, but maybe this fall...and will probably put in a few plants before then, just in the ground with other plantings, no herb bed quite yet, but she wants to bring her husband over. I am probabaly not the best tutor.

Lavina - nice to hear from you - hope you are doing ok and enjoying all this rain!

Barbie, I use my lemongrass in tea and in Chinese/Thai cooking. What do you use yours for? Is the red-leaf hibiscus what they use in Red Zinger? Love that stuff!

My latest addition to our herb bed---a bunny! George saw it a few days ago and I have yet to spot it. The sweet basil looks chewed on by something. Wondering if it's possible that bunnies eat basil. Thankfully I have it in three deck pots as well - photo of one is included.

I love the lemon geranium - I have never made the recipe, but the Flag Fork Herb Farm in Lexington serves a scrumptious lemon geranium pound cake and I'd love to duplicate it.

Entlie