Photo by Melody

Hostas: Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "P" and "Q", 4 by Eleven

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Eleven

In reply to: Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "P" and "Q"

Forum: Hostas

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "P" and "Q"
Eleven wrote:
#1. 'Pilgrim' - added spring 2009. Lovely soft green and cream colors in the spring, but the leaves are very thin. This means more insect damage than most my hostas get and it tends to wilt a lot from lack of water. I like it less than I did and will probably move it to a distant bed in the fall. Pic 7/4/2012

#2. 'Pineapple Poll' - added spring 2010. Purchased online because of a sale but has proven a happy surprise. Planted in lots of sun and survives just fine. Pic 7/4/2012

#3. 'Pineapple Upsidedown Cake' - added spring 2010. Moved to this spot last year. Was previously planted in lots of sun, where the centers bleached WHITE before beginning to develop holes. Looks much better now. Pic 7/4/2012

#4. 'Prairie Moon' - added fall 2011. Impulse buy on sale at the nursery. Leaves looked quite translucent at the time. Emerged very bright this spring. Color has moved towards an odd, pale green but still looks nice. Pic 7/4/2012

#5. 'Purple Heart' - new this spring 2012. Purchased online because I couldn't get 'Purple Haze' but I find myself liking this one more and more. It's just green, BUT the purple comes all the way up the petioles and dots the leaves. The veins are just defined enough to give some character and draw attention to the pointed leaves. Pic 6/19/2012