Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of July 2012-Plants shriveling up already
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks Sally, that Prickly-Pear is a real trooper. The PP was one of the 3 plants in Plantfiles that I made an entry years ago, it's a neat plant. It's cool that I've been able to keep that, it's a remnant of a big PP plant that I had many years ago. I may wait till next year to get the White Liatris bulbs, altho, if I saw them at Walmart I would prolly be tempted to get them this year.

Thanks Pepper, I hope the Carpet Sedum fills in alright, I hope it's not too much for that planter now. I'm gonna make another one pretty soon, a Sister is giving me some Hens And Chicks, I think I'm gonna put that in a deep glass plate that I found here, along with maybe one or two somethings from my concrete planter there.

Thanks, that shed looks a lot better than it did.

I'm glad the extreme heat has subsided for now, a few plants were getting toasted, I think one mighta bit the dust, just for the year I hope.

Is this some rocks or what?! -

Happ, I think this root sprout/cutting might be the only one that is gonna take. I cut all the dried up leaves off and left the ones that were still flattish like maybe they were being fed a little. -

Hi Crit, if your out there, do you want a barnacle covered crafty looking driftwood thing that we uncovered recently, they'd go good with a water scene, or anybody?
Will

This message was edited Jul 9, 2012 4:34 PM