Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of July 2012-Plants shriveling up already
shortleaf wrote:
I hope it's the heat all the time but some were looking bad before too. I think it might be half and half or so because, for example, some Hostas in pots weren't affected this Spring when it was much cooler, (maybe a soil issue then on those). But now, even some Hostas in pots are getting crispy leaves I think because of the terrible heat. It's kinda like there is two things happening to their leaves, 1 is they turn yellow and eventually fall off and the other is they turn crispy and fall off.

I'd sure like to plant that Swamp White Oak but I don't have anywhere to plant it yet. I should probably try to find a larger pot for it in the meantime.

Thanks, I hope they all bloom next year too. They are pretty, I moved some clutter that was by them and swept over there so passerbys can see them all in purple. I might get some white Blazing Stars to mix in there. I have a photo of them 2 days ago. -

Today, I focused on painting the shed that old deck red. I fiddled with the paint sprayer for hours before it sprayed out some paint. Man, those sprayers are fickle or something! The settings have to be just right or nothing comes out! And then, the viscosity of the paint and water has to be in a certain range or it sprays out in globs. But, at least the shed isn't pink anymore! The photo was when I was about half done today, it's 95% painted now, there isn't any pink. But, after I thought I was all done, (and all the paint was gone), I forgot to paint half of one side, so now I'm not really all the way done, but it looks okay, it should stave off the city's lawn police. I took a photo of my progress. -

Yeah, you can't get enuff water in this heat. I've had a V8 V-Fusion, they are good! It's that commercial with Jackie Chan too. I like it where he swipes a redbull or something off the table and says "you coulda had a v8!", and slams down a V8 V-Fusion, something like that anyway! Yes, do be careful in the heat, Pepper. They say 104° tomorrow then 106° Sat., then down considerably after that, that'll be nice. - http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast
Will

This message was edited Jul 5, 2012 10:07 PM