Clematis: Summer clematis chat, 2 by cathy166

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cathy166

In reply to: Summer clematis chat

Forum: Clematis

Back to post
Photo of Summer clematis chat
cathy166 wrote:
Arlene, I really don't know what to expect as these last two plants have never bloomed before, nor have they ever grown so much. Both trellised, one has fallen over any number of times, and the other thinks the rosebush is the trellis.

The Ensatas are almost done, with just a few more buds to go.
And thanks to ID by Pollyk, we have a Louisiana Black Gamecock iris (second photo), the first time it bloomed. I learn so much from DG.

At least lilies and caladium bloom and sprout the same season they're planted, easier for short-term memory. I barely remember the picture of the clem I planted, just that they were a lavender/pink with pretty little marks around the center. There's a large plastic bag in the basement full of bags that held peonies, lilies, tulips, clematis and a few others. More than once I have felt ridiculous in the plant ID forum to find out that I did indeed do the planting, and there is a bag with a photo on it for visual proof. I know I need to photograph them and make a file, but I can't seem to find the time.

I haven't seen any four-legged wolves so far, but I'll take anything to get rid of chipmunks. I swear: some little chipmunk spread his seed all over the city of Stamford. It's like one of the ten plagues. I don't think there is a container in the yard planted this year that hasn't been tainted by a cute little chipmunk.

Happy gardening in this great weather!
Marcia