Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
I'm gonna have to whack a few of those Blackberries, they are creating a sort of thicket, it is incredible how they've multiplied. That area right there started out as 3 plants, now it looks like there is 30 in there.
I'll get a photo of them soon, it is quite a sight.

Boy, these Lily Trees are really putting on a show. The flowers are huge! I'd guess they are roughly twice the size as regular Lily flowers. In this photo, that is my hand for scale and my hand isn't that big, maybe average.

Today, at Lowes, I bought a whopper of a planter for my hardy waterlilies to float in, (it is 24" wide at the top) and a soil tester for $3.47. I aim to find out what the deal is with the area in the front yard that is giving my plants such a hard time. Those waterliles were without a home since I drained the waterpond, this planter should do the job for a while. The new planter is the one on the right, the waterlilies are in that white trash barrel on the left.

The Purple Prince Lily Tree is about to bloom incredibly too, a little behind their brethren, the Satisfaction Lily Trees.

The Luna Red Hibiscus is about to put on a flower show too.