Tropical Zone Gardening: The Coconut Wireless - chat thread 3, 1 by Debijaynes

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Debijaynes

In reply to: The Coconut Wireless - chat thread 3

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of The Coconut Wireless - chat thread 3
Debijaynes wrote:
Rain! I'm in the Catskills and really up north til October and I am so sick of rain that I can't stand it! 50 degrees each morning and I'd give anything for some heat and humidity-- of course I may change my tune come July ! When it thunders here it REALLY does sound like a bowling alley. Storms are almost as wicked as South FLorida.
I do miss the garden-- but worked in a friend's garden last week(on the last warm day) and enjoyed messing with peonies and roses and hydrangeas. A nice change of pace.
Has anyone heard of a champedek tree? It was on the Top Tropicals newsletter and looks interesting.
On the home front-- am having ixoras around the pool cage ripped out and replaced with gardenias, new piping around the pool for the orchids as they are just not getting enough sun and air around the koi pond. Hopefully all will be done by the time I get home. I am getting home for a week in August and a week in September. Hate this schedule, but it's worth it to be home for 3 months in the fall.
Happy Thursday!
Had to send along some decidedly NORTHERN pictures for this thread for some fun!