Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
I added the big TropiCanna to the shade garden, I hope it looks okay, I never thought about that, thanks happ. That Canna is 4 feet 2 inches from soil to the tip of the tallest leaf, it is getting big! That's okay, I like that, and there is little sprouts still coming up from that big Canna bulb. I sure would like to plant it somewhere, but I'm afraid it would get too cold over the Winter and not come back.
Eek! I see you said Cannas work in a raingarden I was thinking shade garden..oops... I'll take it back out tomorrow, I should probably get it back in the sun.

Elephant Ears is a great idea for a raingarden, thanks happ. I just love to use stuff that's already here, in the house and out, thanks for suggesting Elephant Ears for a raingarden.

Rofl.. oh, happ, it's still there, that big birdbath/fountain is just in pieces, I want to move it to another spot about 20 feet away sometime soon when I get some help. I just want it to be more visible from the street side for the lawn police!

I gotta water my Purple Coneflowers every day, they droop like they're really suffering, I wish they'd hurry up and get established! There's my 'Mini-Penny' Hydrangea trying to get in on some blooming action, in the front. That Hydrangea is supposed to be light blue!

Here's my Peppermint plant, hanging on the fence. -

Here's what I plan to make the potting bench out of. This old bridge, it washed into this yard in 1998 from the neighbor's yard. There is a very small stream in the back yard but on that day in 1998 it became quite a rushing river! Back in the day, the elderly lady didn't get along with the neighbor and when that bridge washed in, she wouldn't give it back, it has been here ever since. Anyway, the left 2/3's of it I plan to have covered for the lawnmower and the wheelbarrow and shovels and stuff, the right third I plan to have a small table for a potting bench. Back to that little stream, it's usually dry even. Then, it was an unusually rainy day, eleven people even drowned, unfortunately, in the flash flooding. I was friends with my friend then but I wasn't living here, she said that was the only time the water came up to the house, but not in it. She said there was all kinds of stuff just swirling in the water that day.
You plan yours to be 14 feet, happ? That's a big potting bench, that would be nice, I can't wait to see a photo of it.
Will

This message was edited Jun 5, 2012 10:52 PM