Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
I saw those custom casts at gardengate happ, very cool, I'd mess something up if I tried it, maybe I will tho. I got some Elephant Ears too, that's a good idea to do Elephant Ears. I even took a photo of my Elephant Ears yesterday. There is 4 big EE bulbs in that pot, only 2 bulbs sprouted so far, I'm not sure what's up with the other two, their not with the program.

I try to tell my friend that too, "just because your on salary doesn't mean you have to work 12 hours a day and then work on Sunday and then from home the rest of the time". I bet alot of people on salary get bamboozled on their spare time.

Crit, if your out there, as soon as those cuttings get there I'd plant them, they should be well on their way to dried out when they arrive. I didn't think until after they were mailed that I shoulda somehow got the ends of the cuttings moist.

Here is my shade garden yesterday, I took that pot of Hosta June out of there, it was hiding the Ghost Fern behind it.

The Blue Fortune Hyssop sure flowered fast, it sprouted from the base this Spring.

I hope your potting bench works out happ, I plan to eventually make this thing into one on one end, the rest of it will be covered for a lawnmower and a wheelbarrow etc. is the plan.
I couldn't find a photo of just the wood structure thing that I want to use but in this photo with the Peach Tree is the end of it that I want to make into a potting bench.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2012 10:33 AM