Accessible Gardening: Laughing For Joy #8, 3 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: Laughing For Joy #8

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of  Laughing For Joy #8
seacanepain wrote:
Yes,Sheri, I know the crunch. Send seeds. It will be more affordable. Postage is getting ridiculous.

I was complaining today about having to pay more than double what I’ve been paying for my Cymbalta. I may have to switch to something the VA will cover. My GP put me on Cymbalta because it helps with neuropathy , in addition to being an anti-depressant. I worry that the Brand X anti-depressant the VA will cover won’t have the same effect.

I’ve had to moved my tomato in an eBucket even closer to the house. A deer took a bite out of of an almost ripe tomato. If they rob it where it is now, Fenny and Tater-dog are fired!

The deer haven’t touched my cultivar daylilies even those on the boundry near a deer trail. Those are in flipped tire containers with smelly-leafed yarrow growing around close by. Maybe, they don’t like the ““scent-scape,” as Kay calls it. Or, maybe, they just like tomatoes better. :( They snacked on our orange native daylilies too, Vickie… and ignored a pink very old variety that looks just like the orange natives except for the color. I thought deer couldn’t see orange. That proves it! The does are part of The Pink Conspiracy.

Carrie, there are dwarf crepe myrtles that will grow in containers. I just read a book set in Boston/Cambridge that mentioned crepe myrtle trees as part of the natural setting.. That was a surprise. I didn’t know they would grow in MA. (Jim) _