Specialty Gardening: How I Started From Scratch, 3 by FruitOfTheVine

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright FruitOfTheVine

In reply to: How I Started From Scratch

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of How I Started From Scratch
FruitOfTheVine wrote:
How's that beautiful water garden of yours, Carolyn? There are many days it's difficult for me to stop and come in just to throw a load of laundry in the washer or drier or fix a bite of lunch.

My local gardening friend and I are visiting my mail lady's farm Wednesday and am taking a stack of empty egg cartons for her to fill up with fresh eggs and sell them, and am sure she'll send each of us home with a dozen or two. Last time she slipped in a Turkey egg and was the largest, richest egg I've ever eaten. Also planted two pots of Caladium bulbs for her. That's about all I did outside with this miserable humidity hanging on except give the potted plants and hanging baskets a drink early this morning. Our A/C is on for the first time this year and fells so refreshing!

Today's blooms.....

Pic 1 Daylily 'Border Music'
Pic 2 Daylily 'Collier'
Pic 3 Daylily 'Spacecoast Sonata'
Pic 4 Daylily 'Chocolate Splash' -- If it's like last year, it'll look better as more blooms open. Does yours start the same way, Alana?
Pic 5 Daylily -- unnamed Pink and Cream with toothy edges that also gets better as more blooms unfurl