Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
Haha! Yeah, I think that mosquito larvae met it's match, - no water to swim in! I worked some more on it this afternoon, I just got the liner out and brushed and hosed it off, I even took a photo when my hands got dry enuff. - There was about 6 handfuls of smelly mud and leaves for me to scoop out, the liner wouldn't come out until I did, it was too heavy. Now, since I pulled the liner to a big flat spot in the driveway that was kinda in front of the pond, the pond is half full of hose water from hosing the liner!
Haha! Not really a Snapping Turtle! That has occurred to me though, I've seen those big Alligator Snapping Turtles walking the streets. What would stop them from sliding down into a water-pond somewhere, then there'd be trouble! And, if you had fish it would eat all the fish up. I remember once when I was a boy, fishing, I pulled up my stringer of one fish to leave and the fish was ate up, all but the head! I saw a turtle swim away right before that, then it hit me, that so and so turtle!

I'm gonna hafta return the new blade to HD because it's the wrong one. I better just get it at Walmart, that's where I bought the mower back in 2008. I've thought about bending the old blade back but my Mom says that might compromise it's integrity. One thing about doing all that mulching and stuff, there isn't that much grass, there never was but now there's even less.

At Lowes I bought a couple little cheap succulents to do up a concrete planter, maybe, here it is complete with sand and rocks..lol That 'Krossa Regal' Hosta already looks better since I dug it up by the ramp where it was languishing. Here is a closer up photo of the newest succulent addition. -

Bass Pro, not me, the one in Independence, MO. or Olathe, KS.? The last plant sale I was at was in Fall 04' at Powell Gardens, the only thing left from it is the big Persimmon in the backyard now.
Here's a photo of that plant sale back in Sept. 04'.

This message was edited May 14, 2012 11:07 AM