Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
Yeah, the mantras is good to know, I am honored that they thought to tell me such important stuff. I don't have any kids but I'd have a couple to tell my kids, if I had some, or just anybody that wants to listen. It would be, "don't tell anything to anybody" and, "honesty is not the best policy!" Haha! That's just me! I wouldn't really tell my kids those things, I'd let them find it out on their own!
Actually, I'd prolly tell my kids, (if I had any), "just talk to people, let them know who you are, if you have nothing to hide, don't worry about it"!

Well, I finally got the pond drained, the mosquito larvae was none too pleased. The Snapping Turtle that had taken up residence at the bottom wasn't amused either! Just kidding! There was no Snapping Turtle!
How am I going to drain it billyp? I put my cheap but trusty Harbor Freight $9.99 pump in the water and about 2 hours later, the pond was empty, of course, I had it discharge out of the pond! I filled up 2 big cans for the waterplants to be in, in the meantime. Man, I got lucky with that pump, it says, "clean water only", I've had it in that pond where the water is filthy! I can store it indoors though so maybe that helps. It has a pretty decent lift of 4 and a half feet, here it is. - http://www.harborfreight.com/200-gph-miniature-submersible-f... I got it on sale, I buy everything on sale..lol

Haha, yeah, I think I was a funny looking sort when I was getting rocks yesterday! I even got a honk from a passer-by! It's prolly entertaining for somebody in their rush-hour to see somebody that looks like a clown, getting rocks! I think I'm going to wear my Jason hockey mask next time, the one I wear in the car when I'm driving. A hockey mask, an orange vest and a sombrero! Then, when the cops come I'll be long gone!

Pretty flowers happ, now I want some Spuria Iris! You are pretty busy I'd say. When you come to Independence I have a striped Wandering Jew and a SpiderPlant for you.
I know what kind of Honeycomb stuff your talking about, I've seen it but I don't know where to get it.

I forgot to show my big pots of Iris. That's the other Iris pot in the spare tire to my big trailer. -
Will