Clematis: Clematis chat: Success without effort, 4 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Clematis chat: Success without effort

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Clematis chat: Success without effort
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Ok...I got lost for a bit....weeding and such. Got some answers to question....
HopeSue...the white fuzzy plant is perennial gypsophilla paniculata, Baby's Breath. Blooms for me in z5, June-Julyish. I love it as bouquet filler (48"), later when it's done I use Limonium latifolium...perennial statice (36-48").
Marie-kap....sorry I didnn'tget back to you with these suggestions til now.....ooops. Got some ideas for inbetweens on your roses and or daylillies. Some are perenns and some annuals that canbe direct seeded (annuals), mine are going in this week, so it's not too late. Campanula glomerata, persicifolia, and or C.p. Labelle (check this one out, very pretty. Gypsophilla Covent Gardens (A), annual poppies rhoeas Angles Choir Mix,book say 24-30" but I remember more like 18+". Nicotiana sandersae Heaven Scent, Very eve. fragrant, (I have seed). Lathus Knee High (sweet peas). Salvia horminum Claryssa mix. Cosmos b. Cosimo Collarette 24". Monarda h. Beramo 28". Nigella.
Now if you would like to see pix and read some info go to tmseeds.com (Thompsen and Morgan Seeds), great company and have ordered from them for years. Many you could get locally also at your nursery. Annuals do a great job of filling in until perenns get bigger making thegarden look full sooner, and seeds are cheap. Also think walmart has the gypsophila Covent Garden. Home Depot has the sweetpeas in a large pk for $3 ish.