Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
Wow, as luck would have it, my procrastinating to get rid of my old hair has paid off! I have hair from my custom haircuts still awaiting my disposal I see! I had forgot you said, Crit, you put hair clippings in the beds,
I'll try that tomorrow. Right now, the neighbors are enjoying some alcoholic beverages and profanity, so I'll wait till tomorrow morning to take it out there, when hangovers likely abound. A baby bath thing doubles nicely as a haircutting station. I don't know where it came from, there's no babies around here! I think it had a popular, alternate use with the elderly lady many years ago, maybe SHE cut HER hair in it too!
Actually, that might be 2 haircuts worth of hair, that looks like more than I'd cut off in one sitting. The last time, I went to Snip & Clip and got me a professional job. One can only cut their own hair for so long before it gets all out of whack and has to be fixed by a real haircutter, I figure they earn their 2 or 3 dollar tip then! The oldest hair in that blue tub thing is prolly near 2 years old. Hey, after you cut the hair then you just hide the clippings!

Haha! Your cameras?! Check the pawn shops, that's where I take stuff..lol Believe you me, I've lost mine plenty too!

Happ, when you get to Independence, I have a Spiderplant and a striped Wandering Jew here for you.

The water isn't green anymore, it is black! I think I like the new color better. When it rains heavy, like it has, it washes the old water out the back of the pond I think, I hope the mosquito larvae went with it! The pond is on the list of things to do back there, I need to do some digging around the edges, (before the rocks fall in too), and try to get rid of all that liner that shows up there on the right of the photo.

How about these hardy Mums already getting buds?

Here's your Mable's Table 'Munstead' Lavender. I can see where a whole bunch of those plants would be incredible in bloom. Is that 2 tablespoons or 2 teaspoons? I don't know the spoon abbreviations.
All I know is a tablespoon is like 3 times as much as a teaspoon.

My Hall's Honeysuckle is sure going for the sky fast. I've only had this thing for 2 years and it has already reached the top of my clothesline-post trellis thing I made and is blooming white.

I need to get a Hummingbird feeder out there, I saw one today looking for regular birdseed in the empty feeders. I usually have birdseed out there but the squirrels gobble it all up!

At least the birds are getting a good bath in the birdbath in the front yard.