Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
I'll never forget this hail in the swimming pool, I've never had hail very big either. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Duqiw
Poor patio tree, you can see the leaves coming off of it.

Ack! Happ, a glass side in your house would be cool most of the time, except like hail and tornados! But man, the natural light and of course the savings on the light bill would be real nice.

I did a little more mulching in the backyard, I am all mulched out, my back is smarting! But, I still need about a yard of mulch to finish yet. Here's a couple photos. I'm not that tall, I was standing in the trailer!
I don't wanna seem braggadocio, but maybe the yard will go from worst to first on my street, haha! I'm sure there are better landscaped yards, but it's okay to think your #1!
I think some homeowners can afford the real landscaping rocks! lol

I hope that sickness clears up for you billyp. I feel good now, knock on wood, but I've felt like poo before too, it's no fun for sure.

Many of the Liatris bulbs have sprouted and grown some, I don't know if I can get the fence around them reasonably at this point.
If it gets bad I'll have to this year. Today they dug up a couple more Liatris bulbs, I replant them right away, but there's a squirrel digging in it regularly. I took a couple photos of them dug up. -
They didn't eat any today, there is also more than I thought. They musta left part of the Liatris bulbs in the planter because little leaves are sprouting up, it looks like 19 of the 25 bulbs might sprout in some form.

This message was edited May 3, 2012 11:18 PM