Pacific Northwest Gardening: Lawn edger ?, 1 by bonehead

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bonehead

Subject: Lawn edger ?

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Lawn edger ?
bonehead wrote:
I usually mow and Gary weed wacks. He is going in for knee replacement mid-May and I am getting a crash course on his tasks. I successfully started the gas weed wacker but was only able to wack with the head flat (under fences, against buildings). It quickly became heavy and both my hands got numb after a short time. I was totally inept at tipping it sideways to trim the flower beds (lawn to dirt). I have a lot of these edges, most have been trenched but still need weekly haircuts to keep the grass from dangling or encroaching. In the barn I found this old electric edger with wheels. Looks like it is designed for edging concrete, and we do have some sidewalks that I will use this on. Would it also work to roll along the grass to dirt edge? It is currently missing a blade so I haven't been able to try it out. Or does anyone have a magical tool that might be better suited for that particular task? Thanks for your input. I remember as a child doing this all with the hand clippers -- not a happening thing.