Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS APRIL 2012, 3 by MyaC

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MyaC

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS APRIL 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS APRIL 2012
MyaC wrote:
Nev your array of bromeliads are stunning, the colours are magnificent, I envy gardeners such as you ....sometimes I wish so hard that I had a regular garden and was able to place anything I wanted anywhere I wanted, without having to worry about the darned wildlife....

Tash great idea, I will place some Broms in a hanging basket and see how they go, if I have them low enough to be able to enjoy them but high enough so the wallabies can't reach ,they may just survive...I have a few pups around the place so will collect. I'm also off to Cairns for a family reunion and have to drop into Equatorial Exotics to pick up a medinilla miniata and noticed she has some great broms there that I may purchase, love that giant orange one....I could always cage it because something that size needs to go in the ground.

I placed these broms amongst my dieffenbachias , aglaonemas and aroids hoping that the wallabies would by pass them....see for yourself the below pictures.......these broms are enclosed in my pool area and the little blighter's still scrounge around for food in there.

This message was edited Apr 4, 2012 2:37 PM