Central Midwest Gardening: March 2012 in like a lamb!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2012 in like a lamb!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2012 in like a lamb!
shortleaf wrote:
Sure, I'd give you some pots, Crit! About 7 years ago, I aspired to start a landscaping business, I acquired all this stuff and pots was one of them, I probably have 200 in different sizes.
Then reality happened and I was unfortunately taking all this stuff with me, I didn't want to part with it. Luckily for me, I've always been able to somewhat store them, I just didn't have an immediate use for them.

The landscaping is real busy in the backyard and will look a bit messy until someday. Here tho, when a neighbor doesn't really care for you, you kinda get your knees chopped!
A pessimistic, hateful eye from a distance probably sees a bunch of clutter and trash. I hope I am here to go out there when the yard inspector comes tomorrow, I'll add something like, "I know the neighbor doesn't like me, but I've always been working on the yard slowly but surely". Then again, I'll probably just be like, "yes sir (or ma'am), no sir (or ma'am) thanks"! Lots of stuff probably just looks like trash scattered throughout the yard. The filthy clear plastic sheet that was still over the waterpond looked like trash I'm sure and I like to leave the labels on retail plants, that prolly looks like trash everywhere and that old dilapidated shed prolly raises eyebrows and I plan to repair it when finances and everything allows. Here's a few photos of the backyard in progress. It's not fast enuff for somebody I'm afraid! I won't get all scathing or anything on the neighbor, unfortunately, we just don't speak. I'm okay with the interest, I don't let it get to me or anything, it is a challenge! Someday, this yard will have gone from "worst to first" then what will they say?! I'll never be fined, I know what to do to avoid a fine, pick it up a little temporarily.
Yesterday, our friend said something funny, she says, "look, he done dug holes and put the buckets in holes". Stuff must look all messed up..lol I put the buckets in the holes to try to keep the Bamboo roots in control..haha!

And running around getting pots that have blown everywhere is a fulltime job here! lol

Does anyone know if a Peony can be dug up and put somewhere else? There is this nice Peony in my friend's yard that is in full shade and I know it could be alot prettier if it was in the sun.