Central Midwest Gardening: March 2012 in like a lamb!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2012 in like a lamb!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2012 in like a lamb!
shortleaf wrote:
Plenty of sunshine here too. Ironically, it's in the 70's most days next week, (good weather, but we only have until Monday to straighten out the yard, unfortunately). And Sunday is 100% chance of rain they say.
I raked some today, until I ran out of yard waste sacks. There's alot left to do, but it's under control. I even did some spray painting on the black plastic landscape edging today. I've had an aerosol can of beige rustoleum for years and I finally thought of something to do with it so the edging kinda blends in with my roadside rocks! This way, I'll feel better about not using so many rocks. I got a photo of the monstrosity below.

Here is my 'Red Haven' Peach tree buds, they haven't bloomed yet. You can see alot of the items in the background that I'm gonna put in sheds and in the garage there.

Yeah, the landscape materials place gets mulch and stuff much cheaper I'm sure. I believe they use a dump truck to get big loads then they sell it retail.
I'm prolly gonna tell him you can get bags of mulch for nearly the same price, with no trailer, soil and rocks are prolly the same too.

I took a photo of the side of the shed that I plan to repair with a new 4 x 8 sheet of wafer board, that side is by far the worst of all the sides. A sheet of wafer board will be enuff to do that side, the walls are only 4 feet high, I'll cut the board in half.

You need pots, Sally? I have plenty of pots! Hehe.. that's maybe half of them. I've been asked what I collect, I should say pots!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM