Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2012- Cold or Warm?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2012- Cold or Warm?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of February 2012- Cold or Warm?
shortleaf wrote:
Your welcome, I'll try to get one of the bigger ones for you Pepper. I have a bundle of 25 coming, there's not much way I could plant them all. I am going to call them tomorrow, they are real friendly, I've called them before to bother them. It's long distance but we have an internet phone so it's free. I need to find out what the dealio is tho, I dug up the order form thing that came in the mail the other day, it says "due date Feb. 18th", yet it is postmarked Feb. 22nd. Not sure what's going on there but I am on the case! I'm sure it'll get sraightened out, they know I'll put in a call! Just kidding, their nice there. It isn't like their sold out, I looked, Dogwood and Hazelnut are still in stock, I'll just order them again if I have to. My friend here wants a Dogwood to plant. Their seedlings grow fast, here is two Shumard Oak seedlings that I dumpster dove for in back of the then regional Missouri Conservation office in Blue Springs, MO. nearly 8 years ago, they are planted in my grandparents' backyard. In the first photo, you can barely see where the ground is disturbed where I just planted them. In the second photo, you can see where the left one is around 20 feet tall! The other one is taller than it appears, in Fall 2010, now, their even bigger but I can't find the photos. Their Dogwoods should grow as fast or faster.
Will